Masters In Home Care has immediate openings for Part-time/PRN/Per Diem Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) with our North Haven office location.
Join the agency that was voted the Hartford Courant and Hearst Media Top Workplaces of Hartford and New London County!
Coverage is all towns/areas serviced by the branch, please inquire for additional details. If you are passionate about providing care to patients one-on-one, and working for a dynamic and growing home health care agency, call us today! We offer competitive wages and benefits in a professional and supportive environment. This position will provide coverage in both homes and facilities as assigned. Our office is located in Hamden.
The Speech Therapist ensures quality and safe delivery of speech therapy and home health services rendered. Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect the agency philosophy and standards of home health and speech therapy of assigned adult and geriatric patients.
- Current and active CT Speech Therapist License in good standing
- Graduation from an Speech Language Pathology educational program
- Meet either of the following additional requirements:
- The education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- The educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Must have own transportation and be reliable
- Flexible availability
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to follow and carry out instructions
- Experience with electronic documentation/point of care systems a plus
- Previous home health care experience a plus
Description of duties:
Evaluates, plans and administers comprehensive speech therapy modalities/regimens as prescribed by a physician to patients with speech, voice, language, cognitive-communicative and oral-pharyngeal swallowing disorders in their place of residence for the purpose of improving and/or restoring speech and/or swallowing functions.
Client Population: Young Adult to Geriatric
Type of Disorders: Our caring therapists evaluate voice, speech patterns, language and swallowing, and assist with the latest techniques for more effective communication, including voice, fluency disorders, head injury and stroke.
Masters In Home Care works on a clinical point of care system which provides real time access to patient data remotely in the field from a tablet computer. Our therapists demonstrate timely and accurate computer documentation of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports. We’re looking for independent and ambitious therapy professionals who are looking to practice therapeutic services in a flexible environment.
If you have a passion for helping people, a place awaits you on the Masters Team!